PART A: CURRENT PRACTICE IN PROJECT PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
1. There are many project performance evaluation methods used in practice, such as the Net present value (NPV), financial internal rate of return (FIRR), the balanced scorecard and construction best practice programme (UK). Do you know any other evaluation methods that are commonly used in PRC / the UK construction industry?
2. Would you please introduce some detailed about these methods?
3. Is there a person who is take main responsibility about this? If yes, who is the he/ she? (i.e. Project Manager, Project Engineer etc.)?
4. There are some common problems identified for the project performance evaluation. Would you please assign a weighting to each problems? The range is from 5 (the most significant) to 1 (the less significant).
PART B: PROJECT MANAGER’S LEADERSHIP AND THE SET OF CSFS AND CFFS IN CHINA AND THE UK CONSTRUCTINO INDUSTRY
5. What is the role of the project managers’ leadership in influencing the project performance?
6. Do you think it is possible to improve the project performance by controlling/measuring/enhancing project managers’ leadership?
7. Do you agree that it is possible and practical to use some factors to express the project managers’ leadership?
8. There are 27 factors about project managers’ leadership are identified which divided into three categories: emotional aspect, managerial aspect and intellectual aspect. Would you please assign a weighting to each factor? The range is from 5 (the most significant) to 1 (the less significant).
PRC (Weighting) the UK (Weighting)
Emotional competencies includes
6. Emotional resilience
8. Create clarity in communication
9. Define roles and responsibilities
10. Communicate expectations
11. Establish trust
13. Managing resources
14. Organization awareness
15. Conflict management
16. Analytical thinking
17. Conceptual thinking
19. Team collaboration
20. Team cohesiveness
21. Engaging communication
25. Strategic perspective
26. Vision and imagination
27. Critical analysis and judgment